Charlotte received her law degree from Barry University School of Law. While studying at Barry University, Ms. Erdmann participated in the Volunteer Income Tax Association (VITA) program assisting low and middle income families prepare their tax returns. While in law school, Charlotte also won first place in the Federal Bar Association, Section on Taxation’s National Writing Competition. Her article was published in the Section’s academic journal and an abridged version was featured in Federal Lawyer Magazine, a publication with national readership.
After graduating with her Juris Doctorate from Barry University, Ms. Erdmann obtained a Master of Laws degree (LL.M.) specializing in taxation from the University of Florida. This University of Florida program consistently ranks in the top 3 programs of its kind nationwide. Ms. Erdmann started her legal career with a boutique Orlando personal injury firm while she attended law school. When she completed her LL.M. degree, Charlotte worked for a small litigation firm and gained experience in foreclosure defense, real estate, and taxation. She later worked at a large consumer defense firm and specialized in real estate transactions, including deed-in-lieu of foreclosures, short sales, traditional sales, as well as foreclosure defense and tax mitigation.
Charlotte is active in the Florida Bar Tax Section and received a prestigious fellowship position for the Section for the 2017-2018 year. She further contributes to the Section by writing articles for other Tax Section members and presents legal education courses on federal tax controversy matters.
Charlotte Erdmann has been featured on Channel 9 news and is active in the Central Florida Association of Women Lawyers, the Orange County Bar Association, and the Florida Bar Tax Section. She is admitted to the Tax Court, Middle District of Florida Federal Court, and Florida State Courts.
- Florida Bar Tax Section Bulletin – Tax Relief for Victims of Hurricane Irma in Florida (2017)
- The Federal Lawyer – A Time For Change, A Time For Hope: The AMT’s Adverse Effects on Large Families and Congress’ Season to Change It (2010)
- Florida Bar Tax Section – Annual Update on Federal Civil Tax Procedure (2016)
- Florida Bar Tax Section – Offer in Compromises: The Different Types of Offers and How to Use Them (2017)
- Florida Bar Tax Section – Annual Update on Federal Civil Tax Procedure (2018)
- Orange County Bar Association – Tax Law for your practice: What to look out for when starting and running your practice! (2019)
Awards and Recognition
- Federal Bar Association, Section on taxation – Writing competition (2010)
- Florida Bar Tax Section – Fellowship (2017-2019)
- Superlawyers Rising Star (2018, 2019)
- Orlando Family Magazine – Awesome Attorneys List (2019)